COVID-19 Update 03.13.20
For over 60 years, The Honey Baked Ham Company has sought to Do the Right Thing, acting with integrity and commitment. We want to be transparent with you about what we are doing as a company in response to the potential risk of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
We want to assure you that the health and safety of our associates and customers are the highest priority for us. Our stores and facilities are held to the highest standard of cleanliness, however in response to this health concern, we are taking these additional proactive steps:
- Surfaces in store such as doors, counter tops, dining tables, registers, workstations, etc. will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized on an hourly basis.
- We have temporarily stopped handing out free samples and showing our ham and turkey prior to purchase.
- In addition to reminding all HoneyBaked associates about proper hand washing procedures, we are requiring everyone to increase the frequency with which they wash their hands.
- We have also shared additional recommendations from the CDC with our associates on ways to protect themselves and others, which include:
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are or could be sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
As the situation is constantly evolving, we will continue to stay in contact with our associates, partners, and customers, as well as local health officials. As the CDC provides more updates and guidance, we will update our stores with any additional steps that should be taken to protect the health and well-being of our communities.
We will plan to share any updates we have on our website, so check back if you have any concerns over the following days or visit the CDC’s website for additional information.
We can assure you that we are as committed as ever to providing you with a high-quality, product you and your loved ones will enjoy and I want to personally thank you for being a loyal member of our #HamFam.
The Honey Baked Ham Company, LLC